Spanish Saffron: uses and benefits
• Vitamin C: The vitamin C present in the Saffron is beneficial to the eyes, skin and hearing, and also for the respiratory system. It has preventive properties against colds and helps us to fight the discomfort of constipation or alterations such as hyperthyroidism.
• Vitamin B6: This vitamin is also known as pyridoxine and it is recommended in the treatment of a very wide range of diseases from diabetes to depression, asthma or heart disease, even cancer.
• Magnesium: It boosts the immune system and helps to prevent diseases. It is also helpful for the prevention of cancer and heart attacks.
• Potassium: Saffron aids the regulation of blood pressure and is good for treating hypertension. It is also of assistance in the prevention of diseases like arthritis and rheumatism.
• Iron: Due to its high content in iron, it contributes to the prevention of anaemia.
Spanish Saffron also contains nutrients, calcium, proteins, fibre, zinc, carbohydrates, sodium, vitamin A, vitamin B, B2, B3, B9 and phosphorus. Saffron does not contain cholesterol and is very good for people who have high uric acid levels.